Saturday, August 21, 2010

inside rear cover



I just want to say thanks to everyone who has supported the Walk of Lions. We raised over $3,000 for Christian Aid Ministries these last few months! While the donation page will remain open indefinitely, I'd like to consider this the end of a long, beautiful journey, and I look forward to the adventures that will follow. Christian Aid Ministries is in the process of applying for NGO funding worldwide, and we will continue to support them personally as they grow into their full potential

The money we raised together will be used for some capital investments towards this end for Stan and his partners abroad. I will continue to keep you up to date as those things blossom!

I found out a few weeks ago that my ticket is up and I am going on a military deployment to the Middle East for 6 months. This is God's timing in my life, and I get more excited every day as I prepare to shift mindset to the cultural issues where I am headed. There are multiple, complex layers of strife and conviction in that region, and the office where I will be working is going to afford me the opportunity to see the “third world” from a different albeit very contentious perspective.

It's been an amazing year for all of us. I've gotten back in touch with some old friends, and also met so many new and amazing people both here and in the Gobi. I can't wait to get back to the states next spring and pick up where I've left off. Always so much more, but I have no regrets and will always share your love with the world wherever I am.

I'll try to update the other blog whenever I get the opportunity.  Already added a new reading list for those interested in where I am going

Lesa Akupale! – God Bless

So let's drink from the cup
and share some luck
go ahead and laugh

...'cause it don't cost much

No comments:

Post a Comment